This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Monday, July 13, 2009

Finally...A Dad.

My life has been an open book.  I've never kept the fact that I haven't seen my dad and that I grew up with just my mom taking care of me.  According to my her, he left when I was 3 months old in her tummy to try a life in the States.  I grew up with my lolo as my father figure but never asked my mom why.  Soon I learned that my dad has his family already in the States and so was my mom here.

I never had ill feelings towards my dad for my mom always reminded me of how good he is, how intelligent and how much I look like him.  She would tell me stories about him like how good he is in delivering speeches. He is, according to my mom, very eloquent and spontaneous.

I never dreamed that there'll come a time when I would  see my dad but when my uncle called to tell me that the "meeting" will finally take place, I was very exuberant.  I was lost for words. Hopeful. Happy. Thankful.  Mixed emotions but one thing is for sure...I'm looking forward to seeing him.

The meeting took place at Kimpura, Greenhills. No dramas.  No questions. No anger. No regrets.  Finally, after 32 long years, I like you to meet my dad =)

[caption id="attachment_504" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Dad Philip and I"]Dad Philip and I[/caption]

1 comment: