This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Case of the Broken Doorknob

My door suffered from a severe operation the other night.  My door of 5 years has been badly damaged. Sob, Sob. I know this can be exagerrated but I love my door. I feel sad that this had to happen.  Thanks to my being forgetful! I left my keys with my friend and since my cellphone was inside my house there's now way i could contact him about my keys. No other choice but to knock on my neighbor's door for help.

After a few hours of pounding and reaping and pulling and thugging, my doorknob came loose and "open sesame!"

[caption id="attachment_499" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="my doorknob after the major operation"]my doorknob after the major operation[/caption]

I had to cover the hole with felt cloth while I wait for the carpenter to fix my door again.

[caption id="attachment_500" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="green felt with heart pins"]green felt with heart pins[/caption]

3 comments:

  1. this is the worst thing that can happen to you....tsk tsk. i wonder what you were doing over at your "friend's" place that made you "forget" your keys. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... that's really a moving story, Cat. But I think you should take that incident as a lesson so that you won't bother yourself again from forcing the door to open. The best thing you could do is have a spare key in case you forget your keys again.

    #Rachelle@ULSSecurity.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truth can be quite harrowing. Door knobs may seem inconsequential, but they mean volumes to the well being of a domicile. Not in terms of mere convenience, but also in larger scheme, with the ruin bearing down on the rest of the property, in terms of the wrong kinds of access it opens up them to, for the worst kinds of people. I mean, this sort of damage can lead to something scary!

    Todd @ Protech Security

    ReplyDelete