This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Monday, April 20, 2009

Sumo Sam

I've always wanted to eat at Sumo Sam, Rockwell.  I pass by this resto everytime I deliver accessories at Dressing Room (free plug =) I had the chance to eat there when my friend Maya invited me to come to the birthday lunch of her daughter, Kamy.

[caption id="attachment_306" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Sumo Sam"]Sumo Sam[/caption]

My first time at Sumo Sam was terrible. The service is extremely poor. We were supposed to eat there at 1pm (by reservation since lunch time is usually jam-packed).  The people who occupied our "reserved " table left at around 12:40.  I was thinking that the waiter cum bus boy will clean the table right away since it's almost 1pm.  Unfortunately, he didn't. He was busy taking orders from other customers, cleaning other tables except ours =( By 1pm I was feeling kinda hungry already and as it is, our table wasn't ready yet.  Used plates and glasses were still there.  We were standing in front of the resto for almost 30 minutes and honestly my legs are starting to feel tired.  So I went to our table and decided to sit.  I was looking at the waiter already, giving him dagger looks.  When he continued to attend to the other customers and "deliberately" avoided my stare I called his attention already. I told him that maybe he can finish what he was doing first before attending to other people's requests.  He should finish cleaning our table because we were already waiting for almost 45 minutes!  Thank God he understood me or else I was on the verge of calling their manager already.

I understand that they don't have enough manpower, as what the manager said but it's not the customers fault that we should suffer (having lunch at 2pm can be considered a sacrifice already ha...)  Management should do something about this.  If they lack workers which I understand can be a struggle for the kitchen and dining staff when it's packed for lunch and dinner, they should hire additional help. The quality of their restaurant is being compromised because of their poor service.

Let's now talk about the food.  Well, the the serving is ok - good for 3-4 persons.  It should be since their prices are quite expensive too compared to the other Japanese Restaurants like Teriyaki Boy and Kimono Ken.  Our host ordered their platter - which has Japanese Rice, Chicken, Fish with Cream Cheese Sauce, Beef Steak (I think), Oysters, Tempura and a Sushi Plate (crabstick, sushi and maki). This costs 1,500++...



Sorry for the photos.  I was so hungry already that I forgot to take photos of our food before we started eating! =)

The food was ok although there's nothing special about it.  Their presentation is nice but the taste is not satisfying.  Another funny thing - soup was served after the Main Platter!!!  Aren't they supposed to servethe soup at the beginning of the meal? Hmmm....

[caption id="attachment_309" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="All-Meat Soup"]All-Meat Soup[/caption]

Buti nalang it's a free lunch!!! =) Thanks Maya and Jake. Happy Birthday Kamy! =)

[caption id="attachment_310" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Jake and Kamy"]Jake and Kamy[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_311" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Birthday Girl =)"]I'm with the birthday girl =)[/caption]

1 comment:

  1. thanks for reading my review.

    anyway, the hosts reserved the table day before saturday. since it was reserved already we were assuming that by the time we arrive there we can sit, order and eat peacefully. we know how jam-packed sumo sam is that's why we made reservations. the problem there was our time is 1pm and the table wasn't ready yet by then. we followed it up every now and then, asking if our table is ready, and yet the waiter or bus boy didn't attend to our request. We weren't the ones who chose the table, the receptionist was the one who said that our party will sit in the "uncleared" table.

    i read some reviews about sumo sam and i guess i wasn't the only one who made a negative review about their service. good for you if you enjoyed your dining experience there.

    ReplyDelete