This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Church Hopping this Maundy Thursday

Since most of my Holy Week trips got cancelled because of some unavoidable mishaps, I had no choice but to spend time at home. Talk about sacrifice...hum, hum..Anyway being the "gala" person, I persuaded my sister, Kris, to go Church Hopping with me.  This is the first time that she'll do Visita Iglesia so she's a bit excited.  I was not sure at first if she'll survive the "walking" (and I'll survive her "complains") but I'm really glad that she did =)

Visita Iglesia is a spanish term which means "church visit."  Traditionally, one has to visit 14 churches to represent the 14 Stations of the Cross. Since Kris and I don't know our way around Manila, we decided to visit 7 churches instead, reciting 2 Stations in each church.

Barely 30 steps from my lolo's house...Kris is already thirsty.  She made a stop in the Sari-Sari store to buy Fit and Right. In fairness, healthy drink. Wahaha!

img_00992



First stop: Malate Catholic Church (Malate Manila)

img_0103


img_01061



Kris walking along Mabini Street on our way to our 2nd church.  But!!!! She made another stop...

img_0107



...to buy...

img_0109


img_0111


Second Stop: Ermita Church (Ermita)


img_0112



This is unbelievable!!!! Kris made another stop in one of the stores along Luneta!!! Hahaha!

img_0113



But she wasn't able to buy what she wants because according to her "ang bagal ng tindera! mot-mot yun!" I wonder what "mot-mot" means?! =)

She bought mango instead...

img_0114


Third Stop:  San Agustin (Intramuros). It wasn't a pleasant walk going to this church. It was really dark. I hate walking in dark alleys.


img_0116



Fourth Stop: Manila Cathedral (Intramuros)

img_0128



Next buy:  MAIS!!!! Hahahahaha! My sister's appetite is the BEST!

img_0135



Unfortunately, this Mais fell on the ground on our way to Sta. Cruz Church. Kris was close to tears. Boo Hoo...

Fifth Stop: Sta. Cruz Church (Sta. Cruz)

img_0140



As I was taking the picture of the church one boy said "Ate picturan mo naman ako!" =)

img_0141



Cute huh???! May future! =)

Sixth Stop: Quiapo Church (Quiapo)

img_0144



Kris made a quick stop to buy the "anting-anting" of her baby, Josef =)

img_01451



Then a quick side trip to 7-11.  Bought some drinks.

img_0146



Seventh Stop: San Sebastian Church (Recto). Quite a long walk from Quiapo to Recto =C But the walk was worth it as this is my favorite church =)

img_01491



Done!!! 7 churches! Picture time with Kris =)

img_01343



Oopsss!!! Not yet done...Last stop: JOLIBEE

img_0157



Have a blessed Holy Week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment