This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Black Saturday

As I had a very late Friday night, I didn't have the heart to go out today. I wanted to stay in bed and be lazy the whole day.  But then...got an early text form my sister, Kris, "ano oras ka punta dito?" Argh!!!

Being the eldest and "caretaker" of our family (my lolo, sister and her son, Josef plus our very clueless yaya) I always have to visit them.  Always, which means, ALMOST EVERYDAY!!! Sometimes I wonder why I still have to rent my own place?!? Anyway, I don't want to bore you with details of my NOT SO charmed life...

We went to makati for snacks.  Our choice: DADS glorietta. they serve Eat All You Can merienda buffet =)

[caption id="attachment_258" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Banner of the Eat All You Can Merienda Buffet"]Banner of the Eat All You Can Merienda Buffet[/caption]

There are over 25 dishes to choose from: Arroz Caldo, Tokwa't Baboy, Palabok, Spaghetti, Fetuccini (my sister said fetu-sini; copying her culinary teacher's way of pronouncing the word=), Adobo Pandesal, Pancit Bihon, Ginataang Bilo-Bilo, Dinugaan, Puto, Puto Bumbong, Halo-Halo and many more!!!

[caption id="attachment_259" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="My plate of dinuguan and puto"]My plate of dinuguan and puto[/caption]

I had two servings of their dinuguan. I like the taste but my lolo didn't.  He still prefers the kapampangan (we are) way of cooking dinuguan - more sour because of the vinegar.

[caption id="attachment_260" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Line in the buffet table"]Line in the buffet table[/caption]

Judging by the line in the buffet table, I therefore conclude that Filipinos have big appetite! Harhar!

We also dropped by the Eye Shop (forgot the name! LOL!) to have my sister's eyes checked. She's been complaining about it for the past few weeks already.  Actually, I was in denial (and praying so hard that she doesn't need to wear eyeglasses!)  because I know that this would entail me (again and again) to spend money!

[caption id="attachment_261" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Kris having her eyes checked"]Kris having her eyes checked[/caption]

Unfortunately, despite of my non-stop "praying", my sister needs eyeglasses. Her right eye needs 275 lens grade while her left needs only 75.

Before going home we decided to let Josef ride his favorite ride - Thomas Train!

[caption id="attachment_262" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Choo-Choo =)"]Choo-Choo =)[/caption]

I think he enjoyed the ride more now than the first time...He independently held on to the train bars and he balanced quite well too. Proud tita! =)

[caption id="attachment_263" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Our "Sepi" =)"]Our "Sepi" =)[/caption]

So that's it! My Black Saturday =)

No comments:

Post a Comment