This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Monday, September 28, 2009

First Time in 6 Years...

I woke up around 7:00 A.M. Skies were really dark. Strong rains. Howling Wind. The first thing that came into my mind was "Will I have classes later?" (currently taking up Bag Design at Fashion Institute of the Philippines). My school is in Pasig and I don't want to be stuck in traffic considering that the rain is really pouring heavily. I took a bath then decided to have my breakfast first at Jolibee. When I went down, I was so shocked...

Walkway

This is the first time I experienced this flood eversince I moved in 6 years ago =( It was really makalat in our walk way since a new gym just opened - still fixing and painting the walls etc. Shucks! I didn't have any idea that it has been raining the whole night til the morning to have flood like this.

I wasn't able to go out anymore. Worst part is that water went inside my cousin's house downstairs. I had to ask help from a friend who lives on the 2nd floor to help them since she has a 2-month old baby. I asked them to stay first in my place.

I checked out the street and water was everywhere :(

Outside my House

I started to panic because (1st) I don't have any food! I wasn't able to go to the grocery the day before. (2nd) My sister kept on texting me because the roof in my lolo's house is giving them problems again (tumutulo!) and my lolo wants me to check on it (duh! as if i know what to do with the roof!) and (3rd) I have to make some deliveries and I couldn't text my clients because I don't have any load.

Anyway, after a few minutes of deep thinking, I decided to relax and just make the best of what I have at that moment. At least my house is on the 2nd floor and my place is safe. Something to be thankful about....

More street shots.



Filipinos are really innovative huh?! This made us smile :) According to the "manong" this ride costs

P100 :)

We were all hungry already but since there's no food, we can't cook and can't buy too, we feasted on Lucky Me Pancit Canton! Reliable as ever! =)

*While watching the news, I was so shocked to see the effects of typhoon Ondoy...I will continue to pray for the victims of the typhoon...*

4 comments:

  1. these are great pictures! unfurtunately i dont have any to share because our house is on top of a hill (literally and figuratively) and we only experienced slight leaks here and there.

    floods and rain dont affect us. wish i could say the same for my friends in pasig. but mark's house in marikina got totalled! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you didn't experience this kira. wawa naman sila mark. i hope they're okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i think the rain destroyed a few massage chairs (those huge electric ones). but mark lives in QC so he's safe and sound. hows your lolo's house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok naman sila lolo. d binaha :)

    ReplyDelete