This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

MESA

For my sister's birthday I decided to treat my family in MESA, Greenbelt. One of Mesa's owners is Senator Kiko Pangilinan and that night we were lucky because he was sitting in one of the tables outside. Of course my lolo wanted a picture with him...

lolo with senator kiko

He was very gracious especially when he found out that my lolo is already 90 years old plus the fact that they are both supporters of NoyNoy. (Boo!;)

My lolo is not a fan of Filipino restaurants because according to him he can cook these food at home (he's a kapampangan by the way, a great cook!). But my sister and I were kinda "sawa" already in eating chinese food during occassions so I decided to try something new.

I read some reviews about Mesa to help me decide what to order. I want to make sure that I order only the best so that my lolo would appreciate the food. I even asked the kind senator to suggest and he happily did.


Tinapa Roll Wrapped in Lettuce



Crispy Boneless Tilapia served with 4 Sauces



Laing Cooked in 2 Ways



Baked Tahong



Crispy Pata


This is hands-down my lolo's favorite! He finished the entire order - hmmm...(well left 2 pcs for me and my sister...;)



Look at my lolo's plate...Now you believe me? It's all crispy pata! Haha! It's very soft and flavorful. Maybe my lolo would want to go back to Mesa for another round of this :)


We also ordered soup but I forgot it's name already. It's inside a buko fruit (which served as its serving bowl)



I must say that I had a wonderful experience at MESA. It's one of the best in Greenbelt 5 when it comes to ambiance, presentation of food and of course the price. Great for family gatherings!




The Birthday Girl


***Mesa has the same group of owners with La Mesa Grill in Mall of Asia***

3 comments:

  1. Oh and happy birthday Kris :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sawa of Filipino food naman, and usually chinese food breaks the monotony at home. But I agree, kapampangan's are mean cooks in the kitchen! My mom's kapampangan too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really? galing tlaga sila mag cook :)did u inherit your mom's flair for cooking? :)

    ReplyDelete