This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thai Traditional Massage at Ton Ton

I'm a big fan of massages. Being awake for almost 24 hours a day, having dual jobs, attending to my home-based accessory business, taking care of my family (lolo, sister and nephew) and going gaga over a budding relationship can be very BAD for my back.  When I feel that I can no longer breathe and every inch of bone and muscle in my back aches, that's a sign that I need to have someone "rub" my body - specifically my back.

I got a free voucher at Ton Ton Thai Massage Center (c/o Ms. JunJun. Thanks! =) which ends today so I invited my friend, Val, to come with me since I do have an extra voucher that she could use.   Ton-Ton Thai Massage has many branches not only in Metro Manila but also in provinces like Subic and Cebu.  But since I live in Makati, I decided to have my massage at Ton Ton Salcedo Village branch.

We arrived at the center and was asked to fill up some forms.  Then the guy at the reception area asked us if we want body, back or foot massage.  Since Val and I were both stressed, we decided to try the one hour-back massage.

Ambiance: The rooms are divided by curtains and you get your massage on a thin mattress on the floor. You have to wear a pajama that they provide.  The rooms are dimly lit and the temperature is kinda' okay.  Aesthetically, the place doesn’t look appealing but it was okay considering the cost of their services – P300 per hour for all the massages, may it be back, body or foot.

Service: Ton Ton Massage uses the Thai Massage technique which is very much like Shiatsu.  There's a lot of stretching involved plus pressing of pressure points which can be very relaxing.  You'll be wearing your pajamas all the time (Thank God!) and they don't use any lotion or oil (Thank God again!).  I've always liked dry massages over the use of oil and other massage chuvaness! =)  Since we got the back massage, we thought that concentration will just be on our backs. But fortunately, our masseuse touched other areas as well such as my legs and my head. I super loved the way "Aya" rubbed my nape.  It was so relaxing =)

The experience was okay but I felt a bit sore when I got home.  I guess it's because of the way the masseuse used her elbow to rub all the "lamigs" in my back =) tsk. tsk. tsk.  But hey! It was a free massage afterall so I guess I just have to endure the pain =)

No comments:

Post a Comment