This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Monday, June 29, 2009

My Favorite MJ song

Since the day Michael Jackson died, I was in deep thought of what my favorite MJ song is.  Songs like Gone Too Soon and Man in the Mirror are definitely in my list but my most favorite of all is the song Ben.

Ben is a pet rat.  This song is one of Michael Jackson's favorites too, and it was his first #1 hit as a solo artist.  It doesn't speak of  cheese, garbage and rodents.  It's a beautiful song that speaks about friendship.

I don't know about you but I usually get teary-eyed when I hear this song. The pureness of MJ's voice (he was 14 when he recorded this song) and the heartfelt lyrics will make you feel all the sentiments you have for your best friend.


***





[caption id="attachment_455" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Michael Jackson - Ben"]Michael Jackson - Ben[/caption]

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone
And you, my friend, will see
You've got a friend in me
(you've got a friend in me)

Ben, you're always running here and there
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
If you ever look behind
And don't like what you find
There's something you should know
You've got a place to go
(you've got a place to go)

I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"
I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"
Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do
I wish they would try to
I'm sure they'd think again
If they had a friend like Ben
(a friend) Like Ben
(like Ben) Like Ben

***

1 comment:

  1. MJ forever. check out this cool memorial gear. all profits go towards charity. http://www.cafepress.com/Jseven

    ReplyDelete