This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's David vs David!


This is the first American Idol Season that I have watched from the auditions until the final 2 contestants. I've never been as glued to this show as before. I think that this season's constestants are all nice, pleasant to look at, great voices, total performers. But amongst the idol aspirants, I'm especially in favor of these 2 Davids...Actually they are two completely different individuals. I described Cook as an eagle while Archuleta as a chick. But both Davids know how to sing, and both have superb talent.

I didn't like Cook during the first few weeks of AI. I find him a bit arrogant, typical rocker, and not as charming as the other contestants. But eversince he sang "Hello" (Lionel Richie), I fell in love with him! Haha, I look forward to his song choice every week. I said to myself, if he made me like "Hello" (which I hated by the way...) then he's capable of making 'not so good' songs into pretty "pleasant to hear" ones :D He did his own version of "Billie Jean" and "Always Be My Baby." I told myself, "he's the one to beat!"

Then comes Archuleta...a crowd favorite from day 1. He's good, he's young, he's nice, someone who you can take home to your parents :) hihihi! He was ok for me.  I'm not so overly into him because I feel that he's very young and not that 'unique' compared to Cook. Although he impressed me because he has this charisma - you can really see in his eyes that his genuinely a nice boy. Plus he has a very nice voice - a 'ballad' kind of voice.  As what my friend said "you will really listen when it's Archuleta who sings..."

I was never surprised when I learned that the two Davids are the final 2 AI aspirants. They are really the cream of the crop.

FINALS NIGHT

I must say that I loved Archuleta's performance! As what Randy Jackson said "you're in the zone!" I really felt his heart...he came there to win and he really did his best.  Cook was ok also but I was waiting for his "billie jean" and "hello" zone...I was hoping that he would again showcase his uniqueness by choosing songs that will define who he really is as a performer.  I was waiting for different version of songs that will surely 'wow' simon! I agree with Simon when he said that Archuleta's performaces were all great.  Before the finals night, I was thinking Cook will win, but after hearing them sing, based on their perfromances tonight, my heart goes to Archuleta :D

No comments:

Post a Comment