This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Coron, Palawan Adventure - Twin Lagoon

I joined the Coron, Palawan trip organized by Mr. Owen Ferrer last April 4.  Irene invited me to join the group along with Norbert and Andy.  Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to the trip.  According to the planned iterinary, we will ride the Super Ferry and it wil take 12 hours to reach Coron, then 2 days tour of the island - beaches, lakes, springs - then ride again the Super Ferry back home. I find it scary especially after reading Mr. Owen's blogs about exercising. Haha, I forgot about physical fitness a long time ago!:) Anyway, since we I have tickets already, got nothing to do on a long weekend (April 7 was declared a holiday), I joined the trip.  Now, I'm so happy that I did...

The trip had a funny start. I was shocked to see our Super Ferry accomodation - Mega Value - Haha! We were directed to the orange section of the ship and the 4 of us were shocked to see how it looks like! Haha! Orange double-bed bunks, more than a hundred maybe all in 1 room.  Very low ceiling, I even bumped my head when I went up the top bunk:) We rented blankets and pillows for P15 I think.  It was soooooo hot in our area and we found out that the aircon was not working.  What a great start!:) Here are some of our ship pictures...

Irene and our bunk beds.



In the lobby



Our first dinner - meal included in our ticket is Caldereta. We ordered (super spicy) sisig, calamares and kare-kare. Yum!



Our very first group picture - not complete yet though...Coron Batch 3!



My first sunrise - was taken while still in the ship. We woke up at around 5:30 a.m. because we wanted to see the sunrise, my very first actually:) It was breathtaking! Seeing the blanket of dark sky slowly unfolding as the rays of the sun start to bring light...





We headed straight to Sea Dive Resort, ate breakfast, left our things in the front desk - since our rooms were not available yet at that time then started on with our first day in Coron...

Sea Dive Restaurant with Mr John Smith, Noel, Irene, Norbert, Andy and I.



We wet to the docking area of our boats.  We finally met who the other joiners are:)



Jona, Gem, Imee, Mr. Bert and Noel

J

Mr. John, Norbert, Irene



Our Boat-Mates:)

 

Our first stop...Twin Lagoon.  According to Owen, our guide, visibility here is brackish (combination of fresh and salt water), swimming is at its best, snorkeling is ok.  Water here is both warm and cold at the same time:)



Irene before entering the Twin Lagoon - theres a small hole where one has to swim accross in order to get inside the lagoon



Andy inside the Twin Lagoon



Andy's underwater shot



School of Fish



Bye Twin Lagoon:)

4 comments:

  1. Can I ask though - how did you get this picked up and into google news?

    Very impressive that this blog is syndicated through Google and is it something that is just up to Google or you actively created?

    Obviously this is a popular blog with great data so well done on your seo success..

    The swimming greats you should write about next, my ex was an olympic swimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaahhh... gusto ko na rin pumunta ng palawan,
    sana lang mapuntahan namin yang twin lagoon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are planning on a vacation in palawan.
    paano ba sumama sa tour na ito.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, please check this site http://owenferrer.multiply.com/

    contact person is mr owen ferrer. you may inquire from him.

    have fun!

    ReplyDelete