This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Monday, April 28, 2008

ANDREI JOSEF

Andrei Josef, pronounced as "Yosef" (thanks to PBB Teen Edition Housemate "Yosef") hehe, is my uber to the max cute nephew. My sister, Kris, gave birth last April 27, 2008, 11:23 P.M. 

Just a brief history - My sister's blood is very rare. She's RH Negative -  super rare - it's like only 3% of our population have this kind of blood. I can't explain in details what her condition is but it's rare, it's expensive (because of the rhogan injection that will stabilized her and her baby's condition) and it's new to us. Having said these things, her OB told us that she has to give birth on time because not being able to do so will cause complications for thw both of them (my sister and Josef).  So when we had our check-up last Saturday, Dra. Granada told us to go to the hospital Sunday, around 12 noon, April 27 and be admitted already. We can't wait for the 28th anymre, it has to be the 27th...

My sister was prepared already months before! She ironed all the baby's clothes and placed them inside her baby bag already. She has a checklist of the things to bring so I was confident that everything is in order that Sunday. When we reached the hospital, the nurse in the ER told us that since my sister was not in pain yet, but needs to give birth already, she has to undergo induced labor, which according to the nurse also, is more painful than the 'normal' labor wherein u go to the hospital with pain already.

She was admitted in the delivery/labor room around 1:00 p.m and after 15 minutes, her doctor told me that she was feeling pain already...5 minute-intervals... Dra. Granada said, most likely Kris wil give birth around 9pm...So i started counting, 1:00-9:00?! I hope my sister has the strength...

Waiting...Waiting...It was already 3:30 when Patrick (the dad) came so I excused myself and when to the nearest mall to eat! Haven't eaten anything yet and it was already late afternoon.  I came back around 7:00 P.M, I checked on my sister but the nurse said that I can't say hi to her. Still in labor... I'm starting to panic already. I was thinking that maybe she's tired already, hungry, frustrated that she's alone in the room...I was questioning already if she can still survive the real thing, giving birth...

Dra. Granada went to our room. She said that there's no luck.  My sister's opening was still 3cm and most likely she'll give birth around 3 or 4 A.M... I started to panic, really panic...She has to give birth not later than April 27! Dra. said that she'll do everything. If baby won't still come out 3am, my sister will have a caesarian delivery. Nyay! Expensive for my pocket! Dra. asked me to go home first, rest and come back around 2 A.M....I did,  with a heavy heart and a disturbed mind...

When I reached my house, I thought about my sister...labor from 1:00 PM! duh! I was so scared already. I prayed hard, super prayed to God, to our mom, to our tita in heaven. I was crying already.  I said to myself that if I can only take my sister's place...I'm coward too especially when it comes to medical procedure, but I know in my heart that I will not give up given that circumstance.  I was really praying hard, asking all the saints to give my sister strength to endure the pain...

10:45 P.M got a mesage from Patrick "Kinuha na po yung camera, i asked why, sabi nurse ongoing na daw po..." I stopped my prayers, stood up and tetxed the doctor.  I texted Patrick also, told him to stay outside he delivery room as I was on my way already.

I knocked on my neighbor's door, Janice, and asked her to accompany me. When we reached the hospital, Patrick said "sumigaw po Angie, then may umiyak na bata..." I was walking to and fro outside the delivery room. I wanted to see the doctor, the baby, my sister. I was her 'mom' already every since our mom died last month...

After a while, Dra. went out already and said "kamuka ni Kris!" I laughed, with soft tears in my eyes, and said "Pango din!" hehe...I was so happy. Can't explain the feeling. Actually it's more of "Thank God, nakaya ng kapatid ko..."

We went to the Nursery room to have a look at my nephew. When the nurse showed him to us, I was again teary-eyed...He was so cute, so small, so innocent. I wanted to hug him but of course we were not allowed :) I took a picture of him and I wanted to show it to everybody right away! Haha! Talk about excited...

I guess this experience humbled me. It made me realize that my sister is capable, I shouldn't baby her anymore. I salute her for a job well done. She was in labor for almost 10 hours! I felt a little sad because my sister has her own family now (selfish me! haha!) I felt like an outsider...Huhu...This experience made my faith stronger and acknowledge that there's a higher power, who's there, if we need help.

Andrei might not be mine, maybe my sister won't let him be so close to me, knowing that I'm a spoiler...but I know now what it feels to have a baby.  Maybe I will be blessed with one someday. I can't wait to undergo the same ripple of emotions in the future, my own labor experience - my own bundle of joy:)

But for now, I will take care of Josef...oops! I will help my sister take care of Josef:)







* Just a trivia: My sister gave birth on the 40th day of our mom's death, which is also her 40th week in pregnancy...timing? No. I call it love...I felt that my mom helped my sister - my mom's death is the birth of a new life *

4 comments:

  1. josef,, a tiny angel that brightens your life :)

    hes so cute,, im so glad to know tha all went well with the delivery of kris's new angel, (and cathys baby angel of kors) hehe.,.. congratulations to your new angel:)

    im sure the next baby angel picture you'll post here is yours na cathy dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Cat! He is so cute...shocks, she got your nose nga..poor kid...hehehe...buti na lang sobrang gwapo nya..hahaha...congrates tita cathy, este kris pala..sige na nga sayo na din parang ikaw naman naglabor e...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. super bundle of joy pero super bundle of worries din. iba pla pag baby kasi parang he's so weak pa, so sickly and all...hay. i hope and pray that kris and josef will be fine. thanks for reading my blog entry:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cat, ang kyuuuut nman ng pamangkin mo :)

    ReplyDelete