This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Great Antique Finds

I finally gave in to my lolo's request to look for his Day Bed. He wants something in Narra Wood that has very simple design and where he can fit when he takes his afternoon siesta. A friend told me that instead of looking at furniture shops in malls, we should check out Philtrade Center (along Roxas Boulevard, beside World Trade Center) for great antique finds (cheaper than mall prices).

When we got there I had fun taking pictures of what each store has. They all show character, all depicting beautiful stories untold.



































There are so many great furniture there. We saw what were looking for - problem is it's too big for our sala - but...it's narra wood, great design plus of course very cheap. The best thing there is you can make "tawad" like with the Day Bed, original price is P9,ooo, the lady called the owner and said that we can get it for P5,ooo. Great huh?! Too bad, it's way too big for us.

I will surely go back there one of these days to get a cabinet or a table. I desperately need one for my beads.

One more thing before I end this blog. I saw a very interesting thing before we left the place...



[machine circa 1940's :)"]
Since I am into sewing I was so happy to see a sewing machine as old as this one.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! ang ganda ng finds mo dito - might have to visit this place when I go back to Manila for a visit. Kaso, I'm sure i'll find something nice there, problem is, having it delivered back here in Australia hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi. thanks for checking out my blog. i'm sure you'll find a lot more when you come to visit. so many nice furniture in the shops then super cheap pa. worth it! happy new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing the helpers use that antique plantsa when I was in grade school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my lolo has one pa hidden somewhere...:)

    ReplyDelete