This blog is for craft lovers, food enthusiasts, life adventurers, fashion followers and creative minds. My posts are everything and anything under the sun that can be considered fun and creative. Happy reading! :)

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Have Fallen In Love

This is a song for the late President Cory Aquino

Lyrics by Ninoy Aquino
Music by Jose Mari Chan

[caption id="attachment_570" align="aligncenter" width="207" caption="Ninoy & Cory"]Ninoy & Cory[/caption]

I have fallen in love
With the same woman three times
In a day spanning nineteen years
Of tearful joys and joyful tears.

I loved her first when she was young
Enchanting and vibrant, eternally new
She was brilliant, fragrant and cool
As the morning dew.

I fell in love with her the second time
When first she bore her child and mine
Always by my side, the source of my strength
Helping to turn the tide.

But there were candles to burn
The world was my concern
While our home was her domain
And the people were mine
While the children were hers to maintain.

So it was in those eighteen years and a day
Till I was detained
Forced in prison to stay.

Suddenly she’s our sole support
Source of comfort
Our wellspring of hope
On her shoulders fell the burden of life.

I fell in love again
With the same woman the third time
Looming from the battle
Her courage will never fade.

Amidst the hardships she has remained
Undaunted and unafraid
She is calm, composed
She is God’s lovely maid.

***

It was a poem dedicated to Pres. Cory and created by her late husband, Ninoy Aquino but later Jose Mari Chan created its melody and made it a song.

The poem is so touching and it proves a love, almost perfect, from a man who loved a woman, all his life over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment